Terms and Conditions
Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions
Community Bank & Trust offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over SMS. Enrollment requires identification of the user’s banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number’s verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message & Data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
Questions: You can contact us at 615-792-0029, or send a text message with the word “HELP” to 99588. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
To stop the program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says “STOP” to 99588. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
Terms & Conditions: By participating in Mobile Banking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here.
Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless
Mobile Banking and any software you may obtain from Mobile Banking (“Software”) may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Community Bank & Trust or any service provider.
- Privacy and User Information. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Community Bank & Trust and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). Community Bank & Trust and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. Community Bank & Trust and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
- Restrictions on Use. You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use Mobile Banking or the Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Community Bank & Trust (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Community Bank & Trust or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of Mobile Banking; (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Community Bank & Trust, any third-party service provider involved in providing Mobile Banking, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or (b) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (c) interfere in any manner with the provision of Mobile Banking or the Software, the security of Mobile Banking or the Software, or other customers of Mobile Banking or the Software; or (d) otherwise abuse Mobile Banking or the Software.
Use of Google Maps: You agree to abide by the Google terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at http://www.maps.google.com/help/legal notices_maps.html, or other URLs as may be updated by Google.
Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions
- Services. The mobile banking and mobile remote deposit capture services (“Services”) are designed to allow you to view activity, transfer money, pay bills via Community Bank & Trust (CBT) Online Bill Pay. It will also allow you to make deposits into certain accounts that are eligible to receive mobile check deposits (“Mobile Accounts”) by converting checks into an image by taking pictures of checks and delivering the images and associated deposit information to CBT or CBT’s designated processor via an application (the “App”) installed on your supported mobile device. The App is considered part of the Service. Mobile Deposit Services is made available to CBT customers at the sole discretion of CBT and may not be available to all CBT customers.
- 2. Acceptance of these Terms. Your use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of this Addendum. This Addendum is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you of any material change via one or more of the following methods: an alert when you sign‐in to Service, e‐mail, text message, or on our website by providing a link to the revised Addendum. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your consent to be bound by the revised Addendum. Further, CBT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from the Services. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your acceptance of any such changes to the Services.
- Deposit Checks: You agree to scan and deposit only “checks” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC (“Reg CC”) and only those checks that are permissible under this Addendum or such other items as we, in our sole discretion, elect to include under the Service.
You authorize us to process any image that you send us or convert any image to an Image Replacement Document for subsequent presentment and collection; it shall thereafter be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Articles 3 and 4 of the applicable Uniform Commercial Code. You agree that you will NOT use the Service to scan and deposit any checks or other items as shown below:
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you, or to you and another party with the proper endorsements;
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into;
- Checks or items containing alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item (including the MICR line), or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn;
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg CC;
- Checks or items drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States;
- Checks or items that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg CC, and Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution;
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency;
- Checks or items dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit;
- Checks or items on which a stop payment order has been issued or for which there are insufficient funds;
- Checks or items prohibited by our current procedures relating to the Service or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Mobile Account;
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this Addendum;
- Money Orders;
- Traveler’s Checks;
- Insurance drafts; and
- Credit card cash advance checks
- Limits: Deposit up to $2000 a day and $2000 per check. Lower limits apply for new accounts. New accounts are defined as an account that has been open for less than 90 days.
- Endorsement: Endorse the check and add “For Mobile Deposit Only” below your signature. All deposits are subject to verification and can be adjusted upon review. You agree to follow any and all other procedures and instructions for use of the Service as we may establish from time to time. You agree to supply any information in your possession that we request regarding a check or item deposited or attempted to be deposited through the Service.
- Availability: Deposits under $1000 and made by 3 pm CT will be available next day. Deposits of $1000 and above, pending approval will usually be available within the next two business days.
Please note: All deposits are subject to verification and can be adjusted upon review. Please keep your paper check until the funds are posted to your account. When using the Service, you may experience technical or other difficulties. We do not assume responsibility for any such difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. For security reasons, the Service has qualification requirements, and we reserve the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or your use of the Service, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice to you. We reserve the right to limit the number of Mobile Devices through which you may access the Service. To use the Service, you must obtain and maintain, at your expense, a supported mobile device with compatible hardware and software as specified by CBT from time to time and suitable data service. We do not guarantee that your particular mobile device, mobile device camera, mobile device operating system, mobile carrier, or data service will be compatible with the Service. CBT is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Services. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation. Data charges may apply per your data service provider agreement. The Bank makes no warranties that the Remote Mobile Service will be error free, secure, and uninterrupted – you agree that the use of the Remote Mobile Service is at your own risk and on an “as is” basis.
We reserve the right to deny access to the use of our Remote Mobile Service without prior notice if it is unable to confirm your authority to access the Remote Mobile Service or we believe such action is necessary for security reasons.
- Disposal of Transmitted Checks and Items. Upon your receipt of confirmation from CBT that we have received an image that you transmitted, you agree to retain the check for at least 14 business days from the date of the image transmission. After 14 days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted as an image, mark it “VOID”, or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit or presentment. During the time the check is available, you agree to promptly provide it to CBT upon request.
- Warranties; Indemnity. You warrant to CBT that:
a. You will only transmit eligible items;
b. You will not transmit duplicate items;
c. You will not deposit, redeposit or represent the original check with CBT or any other party;
d. You will comply with this Addendum and all applicable rules, laws and regulations;
e. You are not aware of any factor which may impair the collectability of the item;
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CBT from any loss for breach of this warranty provision or the terms of this Addendum.
- Termination. We may terminate this Addendum at any time for any reason. This Addendum shall remain in full force and effect unless and until it is terminated by us. Without limiting the foregoing, this Addendum may be terminated if you breach any term of this Addendum, if you use the Services for any unauthorized or illegal purposes or you use the Services in a manner inconsistent with the terms of any agreement you entered into with us.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES: (I) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR‐FREE; (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; AND (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES,
REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF CBT HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.