Fraud Prevention Tips
With so many fraud events in the news, we thought it would be helpful to provide Fraud Prevention Tips. Below are tips we have put together to help you make wise decisions and avoid becoming a victim of fraud.
- Never give your bank account information out over the phone or within an email, especially when you did NOT initiate the conversation.
- Do not rely on caller id. If you feel suspicious about a call, hang up. Call the company you have the relationship with from a trusted good phone number and confirm the legitimacy of the call.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is!
- Be cautious of any notification stating that you have won a contest or a lottery for which you had no knowledge of prior to the notification.
- You should never have to send money to get money. If you receive a check for more than what you are owed with additional instructions for what you are to do with the remaining funds, it is most likely a scam.
- Never wire money to people you do not know and trust.
- Do your research before giving your payment information. Before using an unfamiliar website for a purchase, search for reviews and complaints about the website.
- Never leave your purse or wallet in the car.
- When in doubt about ANY communication involving your personal information, please contact us for assistance.
As a Community Bank and Trust customer, we make it a priority to protect you financially. Please always feel free to contact our branch staff for any questions or concerns involving potential fraud for help and guidance.